Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Dear Reader


Dear Reader,
Wicca as we know it today is nothing like what the media portrays it to be. We work harmoniously with each other and the Earth.  There is nothing more irritating to many Wiccans than the common misconceptions that many people have. Some of these misconceptions are: that we are green; we cast curses for the fun of it; there are no repercussions to our actions; we are devil worshipers; etc… What is always interesting about Wiccans though is that you can ask 10 of us what Wicca means to us and how personally define it and you will get 10 different but similar answers. This isn’t to say they aren’t the same definitions, as they usually are, but we all define it slightly differently based on the tradition or lack of tradition we all follow.
So what is Wicca to Lady SilverVixen? To me, Wicca is not only religious view but it’s a personal way of life. It’s the change of one’s view on the way things work, why they work, and why people may act the way they do. It’s a personal change in how you actually live, because you are more aware of how you influence your surroundings, and the kind of footprint you leave behind.  It’s a change on how you may view your family, and how you view the cycles of life. Before I became Wiccan I used to just view the seasons as just seasons, always knowing there was a deeper meaning that can be expressed but never actually knowing what it was. It was a huge change of view for me to view the cycle of the seasons as a time of new life, to middle life, older life and then death. To view the times of death with hope and joy to know there is new life on the way. Nothing is left over, everything is recycled.
I can talk and ramble out general 101 stuff all day long. I know because I do it online all the time, opportunity provided of course. I teach this stuff and know it like the back of my own hand. The most thrilling part of teaching the 101 though is working with different students, and reading the new 101 books that come out because you always get a new opportunity to view old material from a different perspective. There’s about 5 different ways that I’ve learned to cast a circle that hadn’t learned in my original training, one of which I came up with based on an idea presented to me by a student. So even those teaching you, the ones who are reading this, they too can learn from you and any other students they may have.
I walk the path of the Goddess every day. I may not keep my blogs up to date, or check my facebook regularly, or even do rituals or spells on a daily basis, but I do honor the Lord and Lady in my own way. I say a prayer at least once a day to ask for blessings for my family and friends, including those who have forgotten me, ignore me, hate me, and for those that I may one day meet. Walking the path of the Goddess is: loving everyone despite how nasty they may be to you; for all acts of love and joy are her rituals.  It may be a hard road, but I walk it in faith every day. I walk it knowing that no matter what happens, or when it happens, there is a reason behind it. I hope that I leave this world one day in a better shape than what I was brought into it to find what it has become today.
To touch one person’s life in a positive way is to embrace the universe in all its majesty and be one with the Goddess for a brief moment.  So I say to you, question everything, love unconditionally, long and yearn for knowledge, and always remember that forgiveness and love are easier to give than it is to waste your time filling your heart with Hate. Embrace the path that you are pulled to follow, whether it is Wicca, Christianity or any religious path (or lack thereof) but always keep love and faith in your heart.
Sincerely,
Lady SilverVixen

No comments:

Post a Comment